Thursday 5 April 2007

A word from the subject

The fact that it's all coming out this week hasn't escaped my notice. At present I think that Jesus Christ was (and is) a lucky sod, because despite the fact he spent 3 days nailed to a cross in terrible anguish for our sins at least he got to come back.

My father-in-law has terminal cancer. He's been given weeks, maybe months, I'm personally hoping years, but in the end it will kill him. Ogrek's family have been hit very hard this year by cancer, but fortunately 3 have survived as a result of successful operations and remission. 3 out of 4 ain't bad but it's little consolation for the fact that someone I am very fond of will soon no longer be with us.

I am trying to be strong but it's hard. I stopped taking Prozac this week because it was affecting my ability to draw, resulting in a very poor start for my webcomic. The ability is coming back but so are the mood swings and bursts of emotion, not helpful when you're trying to be a rock for someone who's only now having it sink in that he's going to lose his dad.

We're off to see him this weekend. So much for a relaxing Easter but we'd still go if he was on the Moon; he's family.

I am going to miss him very much. What really upsets me the most is that he helped us out last year, and I said I'd return the favour. I promised. I might never be able to do so and I think he knew that.
~Chaszmyr

No comments: